PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS: NORRIDGEWOCK BRIDGE - NORRIDGEWOCK, MAINE
The historic, covered arch bridge in Norridgewock, Maine was replaced by a 300' cast-in-place concrete tied arch bridge that maintained the aesthetic features of the original structure.
McB provided construction engineering services including:
- Construction analysis for erection of the new arch structure.
- Erection plans & procedures
- Development & design of temporary arch shoring
- Demolition plan for existing arches, including demo shoring system
Construction Method and Specifications
- Concrete tied arch w/ steel cable hangers.
- Arch & tie girders are cast-in-place on falsework.
- 300 span, approximately 60' high
- 42' roadway width
- 135' approach spans - prestressed concrete girders